Discover Goodwill’s Apartment Supports Program empowers persons with disabilities in their pursuit of an integrated life experience by helping them live independently in apartment communities. Discover Goodwill's experienced and caring staff provides one-on-one support personally designed for each client’s goals.
Individuals who yearn for freedom and privacy are offered the opportunity to live alone or with a roommate. Goodwill’s Apartment Supports team locates an appropriate apartment based on the client’s desires and provides advocacy to ensure the client is familiar with his or her surroundings.
Discover Goodwill offers tailored services to help residents prosper, including:
- Regular apartment and surrounding community inspections to ensure comfortable and safe conditions
- 24-hour-a-day phone support
- Periodic home visits
- Registered nurse assistance
- Medicaid funded documentation and billing
Individualized training and community engagement :
- Grocery shopping and meal preparation
- Safety skills
- Grooming and hygiene
- Budgeting and bill paying
- Medication administration
- Medical appointment assistance
- Public transportation utilization
- Access to community events
While the cost for Apartment Support may be funded through Medicaid, services are also available on an affordable private pay basis.
For more information, please contact:
Apartment Supports Program
Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado
1460 Garden of the Gods Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80907