Do you know where your money goes? Would you like to learn how to buy your first home? Are you planning for retirement but don’t know where to start?
Managing money can seem overwhelming but it doesn’t have to be.
Discover Goodwill’s Financial University was created for adults who want to take control of their financial futures by helping them:
- Explore innovative courses laying a strong foundation for personal financial management.
- Learn hands-on skills for achieving future financial success.
- Discover personal and practical skills to increase financial literacy.
Discover Goodwill Financial University topics include:
- Bank on It: The basics of checking accounts, savings accounts and Certificates of Deposit (CDs).
- Borrowing Basics: A general overview of credit, debt and loans.
- Check It Out: The ins and outs of using a checking account.
- Money Matters: How to track your spending and build a budget.
- Pay Yourself First: Ways to save and invest for retirement.
- Keep It Safe: Must-have information about identity theft and scams, such as phishing and farming.
- To Your Credit: The process of building your credit score.
- Charge It Right: How to properly apply for and use a credit card.
- Loan to Own: The pros and cons of buying or leasing a car.
- Your Own Home: An in-depth look at the home buying process, home equity loans and reverse mortgages.
- Financial Recovery: A plan to move forward with your finances drawing on lessons learned while attending the Financial University.
Comments from Our Financial University Graduates:
“For me it was life-changing!”
“We are going to save money for the first time in our lives.”
“The knowledge you are sharing with us is so empowering—it is incredible.”
“I got the tools to figure out my finances and now I have a plan.”