Volunteer and Imagine the Possibilities
Sometimes the most important contribution you can make in someone’s life is sharing your time and talents. As a volunteer for Possibilities, you can be a part of something amazing! Never before has such an innovative program been offered in our community. Make a difference in the lives of those with disabilities and learning challenges by sharing yourself. What better gift can you give?
Becoming a Possibilities volunteer is perfect for:
- Stay-at-home moms
- Civic, church and youth groups
- Businesses and corporations
- Specially trained and skilled individuals
- Anyone who wants to make a difference in someone’s life and our community.
We welcome volunteers with varied skill levels and time commitments.
Possibilities welcomes volunteers from the community to work alongside our staff.
Here are some ways you can help:
Credit Union Teller – Help someone uncover the magic of numbers through creating and managing a personal budget, opening a bank account and using an ATM.
General Store Attendant – Assist individuals with purchases in the general store while learning the value of money and experiencing the satisfaction of safe shopping.
Gardener – Show your green thumb by helping individuals plant, water, grow and harvest vegetables and flowers in our beautiful walk-out garden.
Snoezelen Specialist – Help participants improve their quality of life with specialized sensory equipment to explore the sights, sounds, textures, aromas and motion that provide stimulation and a sense of calm.
Chaperone – Share in special experiences by participating in outings and activities in the community to help individuals learn interactively.
Program Aid – Make an immediate impact by partnering with our staff to assist in the computer lab, café, classroom and throughout the Possibilities town square.
Fitness Center Assistant – Lead fitness classes in exercise, yoga, dance, martial arts and more, or help individuals use gym equipment and learn about healthy food and nutrition.
Apartment Specialist – Teach participants the joy of home living, including basic cooking, household management, grocery shopping and cleaning.
Art Specialist – Share your passion in all areas of art – drama, jewelry making, sewing/quilting, leatherwork, scrapbooking, drawing, pottery, music, photography, painting, and even candle or soap making.
If you don’t see the volunteer position you’re looking for, let us know. We may be able to create a great opportunity for you.
The benefits of volunteering include:
- Making a difference in someone’s life by sharing your time, talents and skills with individuals eager to learn and experience their community.
- Helping someone enjoy a life-changing experience for the very first time.
- Connecting with your community by developing lasting personal and professional relationships.
- Breaking away from your everyday routine and enrich your life in ways you may never have expected while expanding your interests and hobbies.
- Knowing that because of your volunteering, someone will become an engaged, productive member of our community.
- Receiving a 12% discount in our Discover Goodwill retail centers.
To volunteer at Possibilities, you must:
- Be 18 years of age
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Complete an online or paper application and a background check
- Complete trainings in HIPAA laws, blood-borne pathogens and lifting techniques
- Desire to have fun and make a difference
- Discover the joy of volunteering at Possibilities today!
For more information contact: